Search Duke Hoop

Saturday, June 12, 2010

K Academy

One thing that's definitely on my bucket list is a trip to the K Academy. Here's more on the fantasy camp:

Now in its eighth year, K Academy will once again bring team-building techniques into an once-in-a-lifetime experience for the ultimate Duke or college basketball fan. Every camper will spend five days in America’s #1 college sports venue – Cameron Indoor Stadium – where they’ll go from opening day tryouts to Sunday’s championship tournament. Along the way campers will play numerous games on Coach K Court in Cameron and learn the inside scoop on Duke’s three-time national championship program.

A lively social program, including a charity auction benefiting Durham’s Emily Krzyzewski Center, completes the experience. All campers reside in the four-star and recently renovated Washington Duke Inn & Golf Course located on the Duke University campus. And by popular demand we have built in optional golf and an executive physical testing time into the program.

Tuition for the K Academy is $10,000. Enrollment is limited and participants must be 35 years or older.

For a more in-depth look at the camp, read Gene Wojciechowski's column on ESPN.com here.

2 comments:

  1. K Academy is on my bucket list as well, though I qualify age-wise now (almost 37), but not finance wise yet. I haven't broached the subject with my wife yet either, so it may be many years before I can go. Hopefully I will be able to stay in good enough shape and save enough money to be able to go in my forties. It was encouraging to read Gene Wojo's report, stating that he is 53 and loved it. There may be hope for me yet. Mind you, I don't exercise as much as he says he does right now either, so I will have to make sure to be fit to get the most out of the camp. Hopefully, I will see you there sometime.

    ReplyDelete