Search Duke Hoop

Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Baaaaaaack!

Hey folks, big thanks to Big Pappa for all of his hard work down in San Antonio at the FIBA U-18s. For a young blogger such as myself with little resources and no journalism experience, it's nice to get a little help from my friends. We hope you all thoroughly enjoyed his reporting from down there, both on the blog and on Twitter. If you're not following us yet, we do a lot of Duke-centric links and retweets on there as well as a lot of opinion from myself.

I've been out as I got married on Saturday, June 26th and was on my honeymoon from that Sunday through this past Thursday. My wonderful new wife got me a championship hat signed by both Coach K and Kyle Singler for my 0th anniversary present and allowed me to write Coach K and Duke into our vows. Here's an excerpt:

"Because I love you, I promise to respect your unhealthy obsession with Duke Basketball, and join you in that obsession. I promise to love them even in the seasons they do not win their 4th National Championship, which made Mike Krzyzewski the greatest coach in college basketball history, especially after going to 11 Final Fours, winning two Olympic Gold Medals, and being the only coach to ever go through an ACC season 16-0. In addition, by the end of next season, he will be the all time winningest head coach in NCAA history, and will be forever, just like our love for each other."

I've got a keeper.

An article on Coach K's stretch of dominance will be put up shortly, and will be live tweeting from the NC Pro-Am on Tuesday. Thanks for all of your support and we will continue to do all we can on the little budget we have.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment